Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Ma!, The rains are comin'

Well, serves me right I guess for enjoying the awesome weather we were having and bragging about it to all you kids who aren't here for it. Retribution was dispensed with 26% of our annual rainfall falling in just over 24 hours. The ground was saturated through and massive winds tore out trees, taking down power lines and telephone wires. Traffic lights were out and water flooded the roads. All this rain had to go somewhere and guess where? The Diamond Creek of course! They had to let out water from the Winneke dam and it all overflowed into my backyard. My bedroom narrowly escaped a drenching. We did see a platypus which was very exciting. I was very worried about it though. It was so frustrating that there was absoloutly nothing anyone could do. Now we just have to deal with the silt over everything. Another tree fell into my pond today as well. I just hope the weatehr picks up into summer again for the next trip to the prom.

No comments: