Friday, April 01, 2005

The Festy

The Festival was awesome. We didn't get there on Saturday to see some acts that would have ben alright, but I got to see The Waifs, I know unhealthy to see a band that many times, but i I do love them. Made a new favourite on the night in the most unlikely of nasaly places- Kasey Chambers. I didn't think I even knew any of her songs but Sahy and I were singing our litle hearts out. Hilarious! Then Cat Empire, my othe rnew favourites. They really are superstars. They absoloutely rocked out and the crowd loved them. It's tempting to call them sell outs but they are just so good at what they do you can't not like them. Then a bit of a mix of The Wailers and John Butler Trio to finish ofthe night before the walk home. Sunday was a big day, beginning with quick bloody mary's at the Beach Hotel with Shay before heading out again for the only reason Shay was in Byron at all- Cake. And they were shit. They started late, played about five songs and just when you thought you were getting into it they were done. Really quite a poor effort for the amount of people who had gotten there by 12.45 to see them. Much music and beer and sun followed finished off by REM. I wasn't really that interested to actually see them, just to say that I had, but I really enjoyed it. As you would only expect if they hadn't been here since '95 they played heaps of hits, plus some new ones. Just chilling on the hill behind the tent. It was so good to see them putting in effort to a show which they essentially could have just breezed through.
All in all an awesoem way to have a holiday, it's just lucky that I have today off to recover.

No comments: