Monday, July 18, 2005

BIG SMASH! Right outside my house. We heard this huge rumble, rumble, smash, car brakes, smash, air brakes, smash. A truck lost its load of girders coming around the bend and cars went flying everywhere. SMASH!! I had to call 000 to get the cops and an ambulance there. While we were waiting i started to direct the traffic to turn around. Then I continued up to Mt Pleasant and got the cars to turn up there. I felt very official, people in cars adhering to my traffic directions. Then when the cops finally got to where I was I had to run official police business back to the bike cop. Really it was just his camera. But it made me feel even more important. Now, probably half an hour later, there's still cranes and flashing lights and cops. Definitely my fill of excitement for the day. I'm glad I'm not driving home in this traffic now.

No comments: