Saturday, April 19, 2008

A few pics

I'm sitting upstairs from the cafe we eat in nearly every day, dance music pumping out cos it's Friday and a new crowd are blowing in to town for the weekend party. I've got my camera with me and the cable to plug it in, so it looks like it's time for you to see some more photos.


We stayed nearly a week in Cuenca, south of Quito, partly because it was a really nice city with a beautiful shady river, and partly because Trent was really sick and couldn't leave.


Our hostel was on the sixth floor of a buliding full of doctors and lawyers offices, but with a broken lift. The kitchen had the most amazing view.

One morning I went out to get water and found myself in a parade- stilt walkers, drummers, clowns. I think I figured out that it was for deaf kids and kids with cancer and they had a little fiesta in the park complete with the queen of Cuenca and whole roast pigs.

In Guayaquil we found some more pirates


and a restaurant where I smashed crabs wearing a bib.

Now we're in MontaƱita, the Byron of Ecuador, and just can't seem to leave. We've been beaching and making castles, chilling out in hammocks, and yesterday went surfing. The waves were pretty shit,but I managed to stand up, but also get a whole lot of fresh bruises and even a skinned knee.

The hostel we're staying at is owned by an ex pro surfer, who casually leaves magazines lying around attesting to the fact. This weekend there's a comp on at the point, so we'll probably be overrun by surfers staying in the hostel and taking over our tv room so we can't watch DVD's.

We may just be able to leave after the fuul moon party tomorrow night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whooooooooooooooa! Is that sky fake? Nice Photoshop skills Niecey.

Have a rockin time at the full moon party!

Love Unci

JoeyJoJo said...

Ameeeeeee welcome to the Crab- busters-of-the-world club. It looks idyllic where you are. Keep up the large amount of good times. Glad you are getting some nice neach time & weather.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Love Aunti

skips said...

I swear to you all the skies in all the photos are 100% un photoshopped.