Friday, November 18, 2005

The Drought





I've just downloaded all the photos from my camera and realised that I have been doing some great things, and some not so great, since my lapse in blogging. There was the spring racing carnival for one.
A huge day/night of proceedings involving Liz (and we all know what that means) happened on Cup Eve. It all started innocently enough with a fabric nerd adventure with my newest recruit Stubbsy, which lead to beers at the Swan, which lead to drinking airconditioning cooled Smirnoff blacks in the car, which lead to the TAB, which lead to beers at Eltham pub, which lead to Bar Open and the Hoodangers, which lead to things I'm not prepared to share with you here. Which lead to Ev and Pete's on Tuesday (Cup Day) with a fridge full of keg and a bbq. Jesus. Just remembering it all gives me a headache.

Then on the Thursday we went to Oaks. Loathe as I was to start drinking champagne at 9am. I managed without too much trouble and by the time we made it to Flemington I was pretty happy. This was my first experience of oaks day as a punter and not a totalizator, so I was determined to make the most of it and not go near a bookie. This mission was a chieved quite easily with the distraction of cheap and nasty champagne for exorbitant prices, and the little black book of trashbags.

No comments: