Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Email to Mel

Morning!

I've been ever so busy the last month that it wouldn't have made much difference if you were around right at the moment, but now that some of that pressure is off all I want to do is sit around with you guys, cold beer and a bbq. I'm looking at buying a marqee on ebay for all the summer adventures we'll have together when you get back. I think it's the same sort of one that Rhett had at his 21st. The idea is to get it for Meredith, which is in only three weeks! So we can say "Oh, yeah. We're up in the marquee" and we can have exclusive passes and vip access. Should be heaps of fun. Heath and I have tix to the BDO as well, so we'll have to come back from the prom for a day for that. Gee. It's a tough life. The date's you've told Kate you're likely to come back is just when we get back from the prom for our two week break, but then we'll just have to head on back there so you guys can get a taste.
I saw your parents at the cafe at The Vat a couple of weeks ago, having a coffee with Jan and Mack. They're so cute and all such good friends, I'm glad to see it is possible to keep that fantastic friendship even when you get over the gossipy stage that I think we're still at. Or maybe gossiping is even more fun when you get older.
Was at the Wells' place this weekend for a big deckbuild-athon. They're redoing their deck all classy like with two levels and extending the top level all the way around the front of the windows in the long room. I'd say it would be done before you get back, but you never know if these guys will see their idea through in the estimated time allocated. Nah only joking. They're pretty good at getting stuff done. My life at this stage just has no time to set myself up with a project even one tenth that ambitious. I'm very impressed by that in them.

Make sure you get lots of sunshine on your travels and always take the path that will lead to the most adventures.

Skips

No comments: