Thursday, March 23, 2006

motorcar adventures

I'm taking last nights adventures as a sign that i should stop driving as much as i do. From now on it's only the essentials, like getting to work and going to the supermarket.
First up I drove down Punt Road to Richmond in peak hour which wasn't bad at all. Not too much traffic and a good run of lights. So I was in my rockstar park outside the Corner by 6.00. 2 hours later, after a fairly intense live to air set by Augie March, and then a quick soujourn for felafels, I come back to my car to find I left the lights on and have a totally dead battery! (Why my lights were on at 6.00 just after the autumn equinox is far beyond me.) So we're stuck in the middle of Richmond with no car eating stupid healthy food and noone seems to have jumper leads. Two cars had been broken into though over the course of this gig, so at least we weren't the worst off in the place. Finally we got on to Tom and he saved us. After finding one car with jumper leads but no keys, then another car with keys but no leads, then trying to jump start but it was too far dead, then finally the roll start. I was a little dubious of this method as failing to start meant rolling out onto Swan Street, but it all worked out in the end. Thanks you're my hero!
You'd think that would be enough excitement for one night, but no. I then proceeded to nearly kill Heath and myself at the end of Hoddle street crossing over the freeway. Suddenly I was up on the curb and then skillfully swerving away from the oncoming Light pole towards the stationary car int he other lane, then back onto the road in my lane all is well. I've got no idea how I ended up on the curb there. I've always thought that intersection could be confusing now they've put the new ligths in, but never actually been comfused by it myself. So I don't think that was it. Must be I'm just a crap driver and this is the universe's way of telling me to stop or as the master has said (Google that is) "Amy needs to wake up or get some will power". See?

1 comment:

JoeyJoJo said...

Just glad you're OK kiddo... mwah