Friday, March 31, 2006

Vats away!



If anyone is looking for me during the day this weekend I'll be up at The Vat.
This weekend brings "Taste of Montsalvat Festival", which I've been told is opening all artist studios as well as having food, wine, beer and gardening business happening. I've got no idea what it is really, but there's no doubt it will be all the more bearable if I've got friends who come and visit me. I used to think Matcham was crazy for resenting the 'tourists' at Montsalvat, everything was always their fault. "If you don't like them," I used to think. "Then why live in a publicly open place?" That was until I moved my studio in there. The worst thing about the place is ther tourists. They just come in and stand there with this stupid 'how quaint' look on their faces. They never actually want anything and don't seem to understand that people actually work there. Anyway, I've been making it pretty for them all day today. And also rearranging some things so that they feel like they're in the studio without having to get too close to me. Ha.
So if you feel like cheering up a jaded 'artist', come visit some time this weekend.

2 comments:

JoeyJoJo said...

I'm there in spirit bud. Hope you have a great time & find a tall dark handsome patron. Loving the photos... thanks

JoeyJoJo said...

Just read the 'pdf' of the Montsalvat thingy.
You're a legend "..after 71 years the artists of Montsalvat...."